Today I’m sharing cards made with the Spellbinders June 2019 card kit. The kit is packed full with everything you need to make at least 10 cards. It’s definitely possible to make more, though.
The June 2019 card kit is called ‘Super Chill’ and it has a lovely Summer carnival feel to it. I love the pastel ice cream colour palette.
In the kit, you get the following items:
- 10 textured white card bases with envelopes
- 6 pieces of cardstock
- Set of 16 dies
- Paper pad
- Stamp set
- Double sided tape & foam squares
- Die cut shapes
- Layered stickers
- 2 vellum & foil sheets
- 6 journaling cards
I have 4 cards to share using the kit. The only items I used in addition to the kit contents were:
- Liquid adhesive (my preferred adhesive type)
- Foam tape (I like to use a lot of foam tape so needed more than was included in the kit)
- WOW Metallic Gold Rich Pale embossing powder
- WOW Clear embossing ink
- Alcohol ink friendly black ink
- Corner chomper
- Gold thread
- White gel pen
Here are the cards I made:
- Layer patterned paper on a card base, with contrasting strips of paper at the top and bottom of the card.
- Add thin strips of gold card where the papers meet.
- Add the bottle and starburst die cut shapes to the card, using foam tape for the bottle.
- Adhere the die cut birthday banner over the bottle, with foam tape at each end.
- Emboss in gold the lemon slices from the stamp set onto yellow card. Fussy cut out and adhere to the card
- Finish with some sequins.
- Adhere patterned paper to a card base.
- Cut a smaller panel of foiled vellum to go over the top, rounding the corners with a corner chomper, adhering with small dots of liquid glue.
- Add a rainbow die cut shape and a foiled sentiment sticker.
- Die cut the balloon animal from pink card. Layer the pieces together with foam tape.
- Tape some gold thread behind the animal, then adhere to the card.
- Add a gold thread bow and white gel pen accents to the balloon.
- Trim a piece of patterned paper, rounding the corners before adhering to the card base.
- Adhere two strips of gold card across the width of the card.
- Use foam tape to add a journaling card over the top.
- Adhere two butterfly die cut shapes, using some foam tape to pop up the wings.
- Add a sentiment die cut shape with foam tape, and some sequins to finish.
Kit Extras Card
This card uses just the kit extras, which are also available separately.
- Cut a piece of patterned paper, round the corners, and adhere to a card base.
- Partially stamp a sentiment in black ink.
- Add the die cut shape camera and sentiment with foam squares
Thanks for joining me today. I hope you enjoyed seeing the cards I made with this fabulous kit.