My cousin’s little boy was christened on Sunday. I really wanted to make a personalised card for the occasion. Here’s what I came up with:
I liked the idea of having bunting on the card, showing his name and the date of his christening. Using the Avery Elle Bunting die set, I die cut some bunting flags from card which I had coloured with promarkers. I then stamped the flags using the AE Elle’s Alphas stamp set.
For the background, I really wanted to try using the Lil’ Inker Pierced Chevron die again. The first time I used it, I found it very tricky. Glue went everywhere and it was really fiddly. I’ve since got some Stick-It adhesive sheets, which are perfect for those particularly tricky die-cuts. It worked very well and I was much happier with the end result.
I finished the card with a printed sentiment, twine, and some adhesive gems.
Products used to make this card:
- Lil’ Inker ‘Cover Up Die: Pieced Chevrons’
- Avery Elle ‘Bunting’ Elle-ments Dies
- Avery Elle ‘Elle’s Alphas’ stamp set
- Dovecraft Adhesive Gemstones, Pastel
- Stick-It adhesive sheet
- Twine – Dovecraft Cupcake Boutique Twine
- Paper – Doodlebug ‘Hip Hip Hooray’ – Polka Party
I’m entering this card in the following competition: