Handmade Cards, Hello Bluebird DT

Hello Bluebird August Release Showcase

Today I’m sharing two cards, showcasing some of the great new products from the Hello Bluebird August release. The release is now available in store!

Halloween Party and Spooky Scene

My first card features the Halloween Party stamp set and coordinating dies, along with the Spooky Scene standalone die.

I adore the images in the Halloween Party stamp set. These critters are so cute and I love that string of lights – that would work with so many Hello Bluebird sets.

I found a Halloween colour combo online that I love, so I used it to choose my copic colours:

Reds R22, R24, R27, R29

Yellows / Yellow Reds: Y00, Y11, Y15, YR16

Blue greens: BG15, BG23, BG49

For the background, I blended distress oxides in cracked pistachio, peacock feathers and black soot onto a card base. I added some water droplets and used a stencil to add some subtle splatter details.

I die cut the Spooky Scene die from black card. This die is really clever as it cuts the frame, trees and floor separately. This gives lots of options for different colours for each of the pieces.

I adhered these pieces flat onto the card base, then white heat embossed a greeting from the Halloween Party stamp set onto one of the trees.

I added the string of lights and the pumpkin to the card with liquid glue, then the critters with foam tape.

I finished with some glossy accents on the lights and toffee apple.

Halloween Fun

My second card features the Halloween Fun stamp set and coordinating dies.

I began by white heat embossing the two faces from the stamp set a few times onto a piece of acetate. I adhered this between two white card panels, to make one window panel the size of my card base. I added a sentiment from the set too.

On the card base, I added a blend of distress oxide inks in wilted violet, picked raspberry, abandoned coral and candied apple. I added a strand of silver coloured thread behind the panel for the spider, then adhered the panel to the card base with foam sheet.

I finished by adding the copic coloured die cut critters to the card with foam tape.