Today I’m sharing cards made with the Spellbinders August 2019 card kit. The kit is packed full with everything you need to make at least 10 cards. It’s definitely possible to make more, though.
The Spellbinders card kit is a monthly subscription. You can also purchase the kit extras separately, if you only want select items or would like more embellishments. For those that want to join multiple clubs and save, Spellbinders offer Value Clubs.
The August 2019 card kit is called ‘Hang with Me’. There are sloths, birds and foliage… combined with a rich colour palette of purple, pink, green and copper, this kit has a lovely tropical vibe to it.
In the kit, you get the following items:
- 10 textured white card bases with envelopes
- 8 pieces of cardstock, including metallic copper
- Set of 15 dies
- Paper pad
- Memory cards
- Stamp set
- Die cut shapes
- Layered stickers
- Double sided tape & foam squares
I have 4 cards to share using the kit. The only items I used in addition to the kit contents were:
- Liquid adhesive (my preferred adhesive type)
- Foam tape (I like to use a lot of foam tape so needed more than was included in the kit)
- Corner chopper 1/2 inch
Here are the cards I made:
- Trim a piece of cardstock to be the same size as a memory card.
- Round the corners
- Layer the memory card over the top, at an angle, then adhere to a card base
- Add sloth and sentiment banner die cut shapes with foam tape
- Adhere a large memory card to a card base.
- Add some flower die cut shapes with foam tape
- Adhere the large ‘wild’ die cut shape with tape or liquid adhesive
- Using foam tape, add the toucan die cut shape to the card
- Cut a strip of patterned paper to adhere to the right side of a card base.
- Add a thin strip of metallic copper card beside it
- Adhere a memory card with double sided tape, at an angle
- Using foam tape, add the bird die cut shape to the card
- Finish with a fun sentiment sticker
Kit Extras Card
This card uses just the kit extras, which are also available separately.
- Trim a piece of patterned paper to fit a card base.
- Adhere and round the corners
- Add a die cut shape vase and sentiment
Thanks for joining me today. I hope you enjoyed seeing the cards I made with this fabulous kit.